Posted by Paula Rizzo on August 8, 2013 in Apps, Benefits of List Making, Books, Decision Making, Learning With a List, List Making, Movies, Saving Time, Travel, TV |
A friend of mine shared a Buzzfeed list with me a while back: 27 Signs You Know You’re an Obsessive List Maker. As I read through the list, I realized that, as so many Buzzfeed lists uncannily do, nearly every item applied to me!
So, in true List Producer fashion, I decided to make a list of my own.
You know you’re an obsessive list maker when:
- You make lists for everything. This includes (but is not limited to):
- To-do lists
- Grocery lists
- Must-Read Book lists
- Must-Watch TV Show & Movie lists
- Must-Try Restaurant lists
- Party themes
- Snacks you like
- Drinks you want to make
- People you need to call
- Things to say in awkward situations
- Questions to ask
- Trips to take
- Clothes you wish you owned
- the list goes on…(forever — well, nearly)
- You make lists about your lists (See #1)
- You can’t make any big decisions without referencing your lists
- You have more than one to-do list at a time
- You add things like “take a nap” or “relax” to your to-do lists much like in the children’s book Frog and Toad.
- You keep trying list making and productivity apps hoping that this one will finally be the one
- You write emails to your friends, family, coworkers, and clients in list form
- You put things on your list that you’ve already done – just to cross it off. (Best! feeling! ever!)
- You’re obsessed with stationary and paper
- You take a list of things to talk about to every meeting and cocktail hour
- You don’t understand how people get anything done without a list!